EATING MY WAY THROUGH KYOTO/OSAKA

If you know me, you know my life revolves around food - like I'm always thinking about food. Even on vacation I research good food places to go to (yes I know I'm that kind of girl), which was kind of the case in Japan. I thought I'd start a new series where I'd show you guys where and what I'm eating whenever I'm travelling. Obviously I had a lot of food in Japan, like I was done with ramen by the end of the trip. But it was all worth it! 

I'm starting off the series with all the places I ate at in Kyoto & Osaka - We ate a lot of food so there's no space to fit it all in a post. I don't remember a lot of the names of these places but the ones I know I'll link them down below. I will also be reviewing some of these places in another post so watch out for that! 

DAY 1



We started of by having some sushi - well I had sushi and my friends had noodles - in a local area near the Fushimi Inari shrine.

Cafe Matsuontoku
Okay, I kid you not, I had actually seen this place online because I was searching for vegetarian restaurants (one of my best friends is a vegetarian) and we stumbled upon this place by coincidence. Everything on the menu was vegan, and the burgers were delicious. I had a teriyaki soy burger if I'm not mistaken (so I didn't not have Japenese food okay) and we ended up going the next day as well.

DAY 2


Started off the day with some French Toast & pancakes at Kyoto station because why not. 


As a snack, we bought this Japanese dessert - It was basically bread filled with whipped cream, ice cream and bananas (very yummy!).


As for lunch, we had a traditional Japanese meal - boiled meat and veggies with rice and some extras which I don't remember the names of. I didn't really enjoy this meal as it was very bland, but I'm glad I got to try it out! 

DAY 3

Ramen Sen No Kaze
So we had heard about this ramen place being the "number 1 ramen in Kyoto" and obviously had to give it a go. I had to admit, it was the best ramen I had in the entire trip - my friends say otherwise but the only time I ever had ramen was in Wagamama's a few years ago and it was nothing compared to this one. If you're in Kyoto definitely check this place out! 


If you see Kawaii donuts you obviously need to buy them. Found this gem at Nishiki Market (Kyoto) at a pop up stall! The donut was alright but the frosting was delicious.

Tenkaippin (Locations in Osaka & Kyoto)

For dinner we obviously had ramen again (how could we not?) at a chain restaraunt called Tenkaippin. If you're looking for a ramen place in Osaka & Kyoto you can visit this place! The ramen is delicious. 

Hope you guys enjoyed my first post in this series! Have you ever tried Japanese food? If so, what's your favourite dish?

Lots of love,
Amita

0 comments:

Publicar un comentario