BLOGMAS DAY 3: Polvito Uruguayo recipe

Hello everyone! 

Today I decided to provide ya'll with a recipe of something I really really love from back home. I made this heavenly goodness for a party me and my friend organised and tweaked it a bit. I thought it would be worthy to share it with you guys because this is amazing! I promise. I'm not sure how to describe it, originally it's made as a mousse but because the whipped cream I got was too liquid-y I made it into a frozen treat. Well, you'll see!


What you'll need:

- a jar of dulce de leche 
- 5 merengue nests
- whipping cream 
- 1 packet of digestives
- 50-100g of butter


Directions:

1. First, in a bowl crush the digestives until they're almost like fine powder (note ALMOST) - you can use a blender if you want, I didn't have one so I just used my hands.
2. Mix the butter with the crushed digestives until they become soft (the amount of butter you need will depend on how many digestives you've used and when they become soft, so add the butter slowly)
3. Now crush the merengues with your bare hands, yay! But don't turn them into powder, make sure there's pieces of them.
4. In a separate bowl, mix half of the digestives with the merengues and leave the other half.
5. Now, you can either use a cake tin or a muffin tin for this - depending on how much you make to be honest - spread the digestives/butter mixture at the bottom of the mold as the first layer.
6. Now add the whipped cream on top.
7. Next, spread the dulce de leche on top (yummy) - it's best if you melt it so it's easier to spread. 
8. Now add the merengue/digestives on top as decoration.
NB: You can add another layer of the previous 3 steps if you have space, that makes it even better! But these were too small so I couldn't do it. It's easier to do them in a cake tin!
9. Now freeze them for approximately 1-2 hours. Take them out from the freezer, wait for 5 minutes and serve! 


Hope ya'll enjoyed this recipe, and let me know if you try it! :) 

Much love,
Amita.

4 comentarios:

  1. Looks so delicious!! :)
    xoxo,
    snowprincessbella.blogspot.com

    ResponderEliminar
  2. These look so yummy! Never tried anything like this before!

    Lizzie // xBeautyMagic // Beauty Giveaway

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Ah it's amazing! It's a traditional recipe from Spain :) X

      Eliminar