My crazy weekend

Hello everybody! How's it going?

Right now, I'm typing away on a sunday night dreading the start of another eternal week of school. The only motivation to keep me going is the half-term holidays, which will only be a 4 day weekend but still. I'm sitting in my room, feeling nostalgic and really empty, the kind of feeling you get after spending literally every minute of the weekend outside enjoying yourself and then getting a breather to realise it's kind of boring.

My uncle and cousin had come over from the US for a week, and naturally this meant more family time. Some people absolutely dread this but I was happy to spend time with my mother's side of the family! Although, quite a lot of people were missing but we still had some fun.


On friday, we went to the mall for a bit and then had a lovely Italian dinner, which involved too many drinks and jokes. Honestly, my stomach hurt so much from laughing by the end of the night, I haven't laughed so much in ages. The fun continued on Saturday as we celebrated my aunt and uncle's birthdays!

Since I live in Gran Canaria, we decided to take a safari around some places on the island and be tourists for a day. And cue 9 people being crammed into a small van: hello chaos. First, we stopped in a local town and saw some camels and other animals for a few minutes.

He wants the D.



We then headed up futher into the centre of the island, up into the mountains. A few days ago, it had snowed there. Snow. in Gran Canaria?! Unbelievable right? Global warming is messed up I tell you. I had hoped that it would snow that day but it was a sunny day and most of the snow from the previous week had cleared up.

As we headed up further north, we drived into cloudy towns. It was weird to think that we were on the same island. By then, it was lunch time. So we headed to one of our favourite lebanese restaurants in the city. As you can guess, we indulged on way too much. My stomach was about to explode, but it was worth it. Hummus is so good. You can never get enough of it.


The tour guide then took us to another place before we headed home for some much needed rest. But the day wasn't over yet, we still had dinner! Honestly, the lebanese food made me so full that the thought of dinner was so foreign. We all dressed up formal for dinner, since we hadn't in a long time, plus it's fun to dress up once in a while isn't it? Coincidentally most of us were black. And people complain about black being boring.

This dinner involved lots of inappropriate jokes, which makes me wonder how crazy my family is - I'm proud to be part of it nevertheless. If you spent 5 minutes with them I think it's safe to say you'd assume we're mental. But that's us in a nutshell. At the end of dinner, the whole restaurant cheered as my aunt and uncle cut cake.



That's how my night ended and now here I am after a crazy weekend, typing away about my eventful weekend. It feels so surreal to be home all alone, without the musings of my cousin or the random comments from my uncle. But unfortunately, all good things come to and end.. only for a while though.

That was my weekend in a nutshell. What have you guys been upto this weekend? Let me know in the comments below!

Much love,
Amelia.

0 comments:

Publicar un comentario