2014

Hello everybody! It's been a year since I last posted. Honestly, it doesn't feel like 2014 at all. The fact that I'm turning 18 in 25 days is mind boggling. I'm still getting the date messed up, and school starts in a week so that won't help at all.

Since it's my first post this year I wanted to talk about New Years' Eve. Typically, I spend the day doing nothing up until night where I go out for dinner with my friends and family. Ever since 2012, every new year I watch the film New Year's Eve and have an epiphany because I can't be in Times Square, but alas.

This year was no exception. At night, we went out to have dinner at an indian restaurant - which I didn't look forward to but hey at least there was food. Here's my outfit:




Crop Top - Love Culture
Leather skirt - Forever 21
Wedges - CK Jeans

Sorry about the blurry pictures! Make up wise, I went simple: I wore the Essence waterproof liquid eyeliner and Mac's Ruby Woo matte lipstick. Apparently, wearing something red on NYE is good luck which I didn't know until the next day. Lucky for me I wore the lipstick!

Furthernore, as midnight approached it was time to countdown with a spanish tradition - eating 12 grapes the last 12 seconds of the year. First, we were given these accessories as we always do..

As soon as it was 11:59 chaos ensued! We didn't know the exact seconds left so we just guessed when to start eating them. Half the people ignored the grapes, the other half failed miserably to finish them and I think I was the only one who managed to finish them as the clock struck twelve! I found it pretty easy to be honest? Then, I screamed "Happy New Year!!" but no one payed attention because they didn't believe the time was right which was pretty funny.





The night ended with me going home with my mum.

However, this got me thinking of some NY's resolutions. I had two resolutions last year: to write things that made me happy and put them in a jar and to lose weight. It's hard to believe I've achieved both, especially the latter! I'm proud of how far I've come - I managed to lose 7kg's and changed my lifestyle.

Therefore, this year my resolutions include:

- Continue becoming fit and to maintain a healthy lifestyle - this also means indulging on pizza, ice cream and chocolate now and because I am a sucker for food.
- Stay committed to my blog - at least post once a week or once every two weeks.
- Gain more confidence
- Study hard to enjoy the summer.

There are a lot of things I look forward to this year... travelling, graduation, finally going to Uni! This will also be a year of hard work but it will hopefully pay off. I look forward to what's in store this year.

And that's it for now. What are your New Year's resolutions? Let me know!

Much love,
Amelia.

0 comments:

Publicar un comentario